"But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world , and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." 1 Timothy 6:6-10

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Dilettante

I started to write a whole post about me and my interests, a little get-to-know-me post with bullet points.  But I found myself writing way too much to explain each of the bullet points, so I am planning to explore each on in its own post.  The most important part to know is that I am something of a dilettante  (a person who takes up an art, activity, or subject merely for amusement, esp. in a desultory or superficial way; dabbler. )
This is a term I learned from a dear friend and I think it explains my personality nicely (and sounds much better than scatterbrained or indecisive).  I have a lot of interests, but not a ton of time. So I dabble.

Here in a non-exhaustive list of my interests.  Details will come later.
    
    
  • I am somewhat green.  We are part of a CSA, we reduce, reuse and recycle whenever we can and I am always interested in learning more about natural living.


www.themoxiemomblog.com/.../cyber-garage-sale



    • I love to buy second hand. Garage sales, thrifting, you name it.  
    • I hate to pay full price for anything. It really bugs me and I rarely do it.
    • I love to scrapbook.  I am not terribly original. I scraplift alot, but I so enjoy it anyway.
    • I also make cards.  This is a nautral progression out of my scrapbooking. 
                                              
    • I LOVE coffee but find it hard to finish an entire cup.  I reheat alot.
    • I love all manner of ethnic foods and cook much of it at home.  Favorite are Thai and Indian.
                                                        

    • I love to cook.  My husband loves to eat. It's a good match.
    • I do not like to bake.  It's too precise.  With cooking I can wing it...with baking, not so much.
    • I am teaching myself how to sew.  So far I've made a handful of super-cute bags and some coasters.  I'm by no means prolific, but I am learning and I love it!
    • The most important thing about me:  I am a follower of Jesus Christ.  Redeemed by His grace and grateful for it!
                                                       Go to fullsize image

    There's more to me, of course, but this is a good start!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment