"But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world , and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." 1 Timothy 6:6-10

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

I'm not a baker.  I'm a cook.  I love to do it (most days) and am fairly good at it (according to my family, anyway).

But baking?  Not so much.  Not sure why, other than I like to wing things and that's tough to do with baking.

However, I have had a couple of cans of organic pumpkin that I picked up at the Trader Joe's that recently opened in our town (on a whim).

They sat in my cupboard, mocking my good intentions...until I decided that (with all the kids home for President's Day and all plans cancelled due to one kid with the flu), Monday was as good a day as any to use them.  I went looking for a good recipe to try and found this recipe on allrecipes.com. I doubled the recipe (so I could use the whole can of pumpkin and have plenty for my ravening hoard).  They were a hit (though my family is baking deprived, so you may want to take my recommendation with a grain of salt)!
 Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/7958/pumpkin-chocolate-chip-muffins

Give them a try yourself!


No comments:

Post a Comment