"But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world , and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." 1 Timothy 6:6-10

Thursday, January 4, 2018

Bullet Journaling

My favorite thing to do, it seems, is to find new things to try and then abandon.

I've done this many times over the years.  Below please find a list (likely not exhaustive) of the hobbies I've decided to try, stocked up on all the supplies for and then subsequently got tired of and quit.


  • Jewelry making
  • Sewing
  • Knitting
  • Crocheting
  • Card making
  • Smash journaling
  • Counted Cross Stitching
I'm sure I've missed one or two here...but you get the idea.

Before you become convinced that I am a complete loss in this area, I will tell you that there are a few hobbies I am consistent in.  I love to scrapbook and still attend multiple scrapbooking retreats a year.  I keep a journal consistently and I love to do puzzles and adult coloring.

A couple of years ago I stumbled upon the concept of bullet journaling.  I was intrigued.

It's an idea that has been around for awhile and was, in its earliest manifestations, a fairly minimalist approach to planning your days, weeks and months. It's a flexible system that can be adapted to your own needs and preferences. I've included a link to a video here which will give you an idea of what the system looks like.


Some really creative people have taken the concept and run with it and now Bullet Journals (Bujos for short) are a whole thing. Washi tapi, stickers, colored pencils...you name it and they've done it. Do a quick Pinterest search about bullet journals and you'll see what I mean.

I tried to start last January but I had already ordered my Erin Condren planner, which was quite an investment...and who wants to keep 2 planners?  So it fizzled. 

I decided to try again this year, but alas...I had already purchased another planner.  What is wrong with me?

I didn't want to wait another year, so what I've decided to do is to us my bullet journal for habit tracking and lists.  This will give me a chance to play with the system and decided whether it will be something I love and want to continue as a more complete system next year.  This is what I have so far...

The Title Page: Nothing too fancy, but I like it!


This is the primary reason I did this...a habit tracker. I love this one.


Anything to help me keep a cleaner house.

An attempt to help me read the 100 or so unread books on
my shelves.  I am pretty sure I have a problem.  Ahem.

I already use Goodreads to track my reading but
I saw this layout and fell in love, so....

It's only day 4, but as of right now I am loving the Bullet Journal and have done a number of things I would otherwise have skipped altogether (flossing...I hate doing it) just so I could color in that little square.

Only time will tell if I can continue to use it daily.








No comments:

Post a Comment