"But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world , and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." 1 Timothy 6:6-10

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Oprah for President 2020?

I didn't watch the Golden Globes.  I never really watch the awards shows...not because I'm not interested.  No, it's because we watch primarily Netflix. We don't have cable and while we do get a number of local channels I cannot seem to remember to watch Prime Time TV.

When I woke up yesterday I found this video of Oprah Winfrey's speech as she accepted the Cecil B. DeMille award.  I was blown away and inspired.  Enough that I posted it to my timeline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyBims8OkSY

I almost added the hashtag #Oprahforpresident2020 but stopped myself. In part because I know next to nothing about her politics and also because I figured NO WAY would she consider a run.

Then, an hour or so later, I received an email notification from CNN saying that she's "seriously considering" a run.

Huh.

How about that?  I might be psychic.

Probably not.  But I sure wish I had posted the hashtag so I could say "You heard it here first."

It'll be interesting to see if she actually does make a run for President, won't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment