"But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world , and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." 1 Timothy 6:6-10

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Hard lessons

My youngest learned a hard lesson the other day.

She was getting her backpack ready for school when,  all of a sudden,  she started sobbing. I mean heart - wrenching,  horrible sobs.  I was stunned. I couldn't imagine what was causing near hysteria.

When she placed this in my hands,  I understood. 




What you see before you is the souvenir that my husband and I brought home for her from India.  It's a frog within a frog carved out of soapstone for our little amphibian lover.  She adores it... enough to bring it to school for show & tell. 

But then. She forgot about it.  Left it in the front pocket of her backpack... unprotected and subject to the rough treatment that an eight - year old girl's backpack goes through daily.

She's devastated. I feel terrible for her.

But I'm hoping this experience will help her remember in the future to be careful with things that are important and fragile.  That carelessness can be just as destructive as purposeful damage. 

It's a lesson we could all stand to remember. 


No comments:

Post a Comment